Date: Sunday 16 October 2016
Event Distances: 3km Walk, 5.7km Run, 10km Run, Half Marathon (21.1km), Marathon (42.195km)
Location: All events start on Batman Avenue which is 150m north of Rod Laver Arena. All events finish inside the MCG. The Cathy Freeman Foundation team marquee will be located in the Teams Village (Team Village Location Map).
Special Guest: Cathy Freeman (TBC)
Post-Event Celebration: Cathy Freeman Foundation team marquee, 6am – 12pm
- A Team Freeman running pack will be mailed to you including a limited edition Team Freeman 2016 running singlet or shirt, Cathy Freeman Foundation zip-up sweatband and bag
- Secure area to store your bags and warm clothes before and after event
- Photo opportunity with Cathy Freeman
- Free healthy snacks and drinks
- Live entertainment by local Indigenous artist
- Group warm-up session before 10km event
- Meeting like-minded people and having an amazing time!
Registration Fees – please note that the Cathy Freeman Foundation does not receive any funds from event registration fees.
* Child – under 13 years old
|5.7km Run||10km Run||Half Marathon||Marathon|
|Adult – $29.00
Child – $15.00
|Adult – $39.00
Child – $24.00
|Adult – $49.00
Child – $29.00
How to join Team Freeman at the Melbourne Marathon – ENTRIES OPEN NOW
- Click this link to go to the Melbourne Marathon website.
- Click ‘Register’ for the distance that you would like to run or walk.
- When prompted to join a team, select ‘Team Freeman (Cathy Freeman Foundation)’ from the drop down box. You do not need a password to join the team – leave this field blank. Later in the registration you will also be asked if you would like to fundraise for the Cathy Freeman Foundation, Once you select ‘yes’, a GoFundraise fundraising page will be automatically created for you and details will be sent to your email address.
- Proceed through the registration form and pay for your registration fee. Melbourne Marathon will send you your registration confirmation and bib collection info via email.
- The Foundation’s Community Fundraising Coordinator, Luke Toebelmann, will contact you to:
- Confirm you have successfully joined Team Freeman.
- Assist with setting up and accessing your GoFundraise personal fundraising page and add you to the ‘Team Freeman (Cathy Freeman Foundation)’ team fundraising page.
- Email Team Freeman fundraising resources.
- Post Team Freeman running pack after you have raised $50 on your fundraising page.
If you are already running in the Melbourne Marathon and would like to join Team Freeman, contact Luke Toebelmann via email or phone and we will add you to the Team Freeman runner list.
Luke Toebelmann – Community Fundraising Coordinator
(03) 9686 4813